Whether for a team or the whole AYHA organization, we thank our sponsors for making this year a success! This years fundraising efforts have helped with, but not limited to: - New Hockey Goals - New Hockey Mite Pucks (blue) - Hockey Skill Clinics - and many more! Thank you also to everyone who has helped with this year's fundraising. With both yours and our generous sponsors' efforts, Adrian Youth Hockey Association continues to strive for a better, strong program, helping shape and grow all those who participate.
We are hitting the ice! We appreciate everyone's patience. Please read everything posted here. Pay special attention to the COVID-19 policies for Arrington Ice Arena. There will be no exceptions to these. Adrian College decided to allow us back on the ice and we will respect every one of their rules. Remember to always wear a mask while inside the rink.
You will be receiving emails from your team managers as well.
(1) PRACTICE SCHEDULE:
Practices start on Monday, October 12th at Arrington Ice Arena.
Here is the practice schedule for the month of October:
Mondays: 6:30-8:00 pm, 14u.
Tuesdays: 6:30-8:00 pm, 10u/12u
Wednesdays: 6:30-7:30 pm, 6u/8u; 7:30-8:30 12u/14u.
Saturdays: 8:00-9:00 am, 6u/8u; 9:00-10:00 am, 10u/12u, 10:00-11:00 am, 14u.
(2) ARRINGTON ICE ARENA COVID-19 POLICIES
Below is information you will need to know before you enter the facility. These guidelines are designed to keep everyone safe and healthy. Individuals or groups that violate these policies will be removed from the building and possibly be banned from the premises.
PRIOR TO AND UPON YOUR ARRIVAL
• If you feel ill or experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, please do not enter the facility.
• Everyone entering the building must be wearing a face mask and it must remain on for the entirety of your visit. Facemasks will not be provided.
• Everyone must check in at the Skate Shop and take your temperature using the kiosk.
• Do not arrive more than 30 minutes prior to your ice time.
• No more than one guest per ice user (coaches, referees, and players).
DURING YOUR VISIT
• Please keep to the right when entering and exiting the building through the Front Entrance.
• You must wear a mask and practice social distancing at all times inside the facility.
• Please check-in at the Skate Shop desk where you will be asked a couple of questions upon entering.
• Please proceed directly to your locker room. Do not congregate in the lobby. If in the lobby, please practice social distancing.
• Please practice social distancing throughout your visit.
• Locker rooms will be available but all ice users must come fully dressed with the exception of skates and helmet. AOTHA members will be permitted to dress in the locker room upon arrival for Sunday night league games only.
• Please follow the social distancing markings inside of each locker room.
• Player benches are not be used, unless during a scheduled game. Players may leave their water bottles on the boards in front of the benches during practice.
• Please do not use the water fountains. Players must bring their own water bottle and it must be clearly marked with their name on it. No sharing of water bottles or any equipment.
• Arrington Ice Arena is a tobacco free facility which includes no chewing tobacco
• No spitting anywhere in the facility; this includes on the ice, benches, locker rooms etc.
• Showering will not be allowed.
• No outside food or beverage in the building. The concession stand will not be open.
• Please practice social distancing while sitting in the stands.
• There will be hand sanitizing stations in the lobby and throughout the facility. Please utilize the sanitizing stations while inside the facility following the CDC guidelines.
• Players/Coaches and guests must depart the facility within 20 minutes of the conclusion of their ice time.
• Should you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Arena General Manager.
ON-ICE GUIDELINES PER GOVERNOR WHITMER EXECUTIVE ORDER
Per Governor Whitmer’s executive order 175 and 176, everyone on the ice shall wear facial coverings at all times during on-ice events. This includes coaches, players, and referees.
You will receive additional information from your team managers in the coming days.
Questions? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn To Play!
Now that hockey is back, here is the registration link for our Learn to Play program this year!
Please note that all players must follow the same guidelines listed in EO 180 from MI Governor Whitmer, on MAHA website https://www.maha.org/covid19, and for Arrington Ice arena. This includes a mask at all times and their own water bottle.
Can't wait to see everyone back on the ice!
Many have been asking questions regarding changes to play, practice, policies, guidelines, games, etc. Due to COVID-19 many regulations and rules have had to be put in place to best protect the team, players, families, and the organization so that ALL may be able to play to the safest standards we can provide.
In order to help clarify some of this seasons changes, you fill find a pair of documents from MAHA regarding the Return to Play guidelines that the Adrian Youth Hockey organization will follow and require all participants, coaches, officals, parents, guardians, fans, and players to adhere to going forward.
Questions? contact email@example.com
Hockey is Back!
We are so excited for you to join us this season!
During these unknown times, we want to thank you for being patient as we navigate this new normal.
Please complete this form to secure your registration for the '20-'21 season.
Please note that until October 12, 2020 we will be traveling to other rinks, such as Chelsea and Ann Arbor. These sessions will be considered conditioning sessions and you will need to sign up for each session so we can ensure proper safety precautions and coaching staff. (Stay tuned for a separate sign up sheet) Please note that you will be invoiced for these conditioning sessions.
There will be a $100 registration fee to secure your spot for the upcoming season. Once this registration form is completed, you will receive an invoice from AYHA to the email listed below via PayPal. Payment is due within 48 hours to secure your spot.
After October 12, we hope to return home Arrington Ice Arena to begin our season. At that time, we will collect a fee for the remainder of the season.
We are looking forward to a great season of growth and fun! Let's go Bulldogs!
Questions? contact firstname.lastname@example.org
MAHA Return To Play - We will be going over the ground rules for dealing with Covid as we return to play. We also hope to have some equipment manufacture reps on to talk about various face covering option that will fit the Michigan guidelines. We know there are a lot of questions and concerns out there, this will be your chance to get your questions answered.
When: Thursday Sep 17, 2020 08:00 PM Eastern Time
Topic: MAHA Return To Play - Member Q&A
Please click the link below to join the webinar:
Or iPhone one-tap : US: +13017158592,,83124525408#,,,,,,0#,,425436# or +13126266799,,83124525408#,,,,,,0#,,425436#
Or Telephone: US: +1 301 715 8592
Webinar ID: 831 2452 5408
We will also broadcast on YouTube Live as we know we will have more participants than our system can accommodate.
Lenawee United Hockey is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Varsity Head Coach for the 2020-21 scholastic season. Interested candidates are encouraged to contact the Lenawee United Hockey Boosters, Inc. Executive Board at email@example.com for complete details.
If you are interested in coaching next season (2020-2021), then please submit a coaching application to Larry Spreeman (AYHA President) and to Brett White (AYHA Coaching Coordinator).
Your application should include your phone number, which team you would like to coach and in what capacity (head coach or assistant coach), and a brief statement about your coaching philosophy. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and to email@example.com. The deadline for applications is July 1, 2020.
Pardon our Ice Shavings!
Please bear with us as we resurface our home ice on the web and get it ready for puck drop! Stay safe out there.
This is a great opportunity for coaches
USA Hockey will host a webinar on the Michigan Amateur Hockey YouTube channel on Tuesday, June 16, at 7:30 P.M.
The topic is Coaching During A Pandemic.
The webinar will feature Dr. Charles Burke, of USA Hockey, and Bob Mancini and Roger Grillo, ADM Regional Managers. They will discuss various health aspects of coaching and playing, and how to organize practices with safety in mind.
Directions for watching are below. Simply search YouTube for Michigan Amateur Hockey and open the channel home page (shown). The Webinar will go live at about 7:20 PM, and begins at 7:30.